Its a drag to cook on certain days. Yes, even for a foodie like me. Socializing, office, phone calls, more socializing – tends to sap out all energy from a person. And yet, come dinnertime, who wants to compromise?
Not me, no siree. I want something yummy every single day. And a recent spat of requests to post salad-recipes inspired me tonight.
Now when I talk of a salad, the first thing that comes to my mind is – of course – EGGS! Boiled, scrambled, poached, fried: whatever be the way, eggs never fail me. My comfort food, my soul food. And a creamy egg salad is on the top of my list of all-time favorites.
However, what I am posting now is a healthy(ier) version of a creamy egg salad. Crunchy and creamy at the same time, all you need is a slice of toast to complete your meal.
Creamy Crunchy Egg Salad:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 small boiled eggs – I like hard boiled, but even soft boiled is perfect.
- 1 large boiled potato, chopped into small cubes
- 1 medium cucumber, diced into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- Couple of teaspoons of chopped coriander
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 green chilly chopped finely for heat (optional)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or mustard oil, whichever you like
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, dump the chopped potato, onion and cucumber. Mix it up.
- Crumble the boiled eggs on top of this mixture.
- Add the juice of lime, the green chilly, the olive oil/mustard oil and salt and pepper. Mix well. The egg makes this mixture very creamy so you need not add any mayonnaise or other creamy dressings.
- Divide the salad into individual serving bowls, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander on top, and serve!