A very short story today.
I read about this incredible mug cake sometime back here and boy, was I hooked! The blog-owner mentioned 5 reasons to mug a cake. One look at the picture, and I din’t need even one. I just had HAD to make one for me.
But all the mugs at home are used up by late evening – what with the tonnes of mugs of coffee and chocolate milk we down all the time. No sweat. I used my microwave-proof glassware instead!
Un-mugged Chocolate Mug Cake (recipe adapted from here)
- 50g chocolate; I used plain old Cadbury’s Dairy Milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- Add flour and sugar in a mixing bowl & mix well.
- Now add the egg and mix. Next, pour in the milk and mix again.
- Finally, add the melted chocolate & give it a final good mix.
- Pour the mixture into a tall microwavable glass tumbler. Microwave for 2 minutes on medium, 1 minute on high. It should be cooked but still a bit moist. Don’t let it cook more than 3 minutes totally, and not more than 1 minute on high. The cake might rise high over the top of the tumbler, don’t let that freak you out. When you let it stand after 3 minutes, it will sink in.
- Allow to cool a little, and then DIG IN!